Online Magazine & Social Media Internship
Online Magazine & Social Media Internship (m/f)
Location: Vienna, Austria
We are looking for a creative and curious individual ready to join Lomography´s Online team in its HQ in Vienna. This internship is an excellent opportunity for a student or recent graduate with an affinity for arts, who wishes to gain experience in creative writing and social media while working with a large multicultural community of creative individuals.
Lomography is a globally active organization dedicated to experimental and creative analogue photography. Originally established in 1992 by a group of offbeat students as an arts movement, but fuelled by fiery passion and burning curiosity, the Lomographic Society soon grew into an international venture.
Our snapshots are characterized by vibrant colours, surprise effects and pure spontaneity. We have over a million creative members across the world and invite you to let loose, ignite your inspiration and to catapult your shots around the globe through our online platform. Whether you’re a complete novice or a seasoned pro, everyone can harness the photographic power to create something incredible. Don’t think – just shoot!
- Research article ideas related to photography, arts, culture that will appeal to Lomography’s audience
- Conduct interviews and write articles for the international Online Magazine
- Engage with the community of photographers and creatives around the world submitting photographic series and tutorials
- Update the international social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube, …)
- Participate in the production of short videos and social media assets
- Fluent in English (preferably native speaker)
- Educational background in Journalism/Media, Art/Creative Multimedia, Humanities/Liberal Arts, Linguistics/Languages, or equivalent.
- Basic analogue photography experience
- Familiar with Office pack, some basics with Photoshop or any photo editing tools/apps are a plus
- Social Media native
- Working autonomously, as well as part of a team
- Curious, imaginative and organized with strong communication skills
What we offer
- The opportunity to contribute to the Lomography legacy and to interact with a large community of creative individuals
- Learn the ins and outs of analogue photography and online marketing and a chance to grow with the company
- Test all the Lomography gear you ever dreamt of and more
- Be part of a young, international team who loves to occasionally hang out after work
- We always work on interesting new projects, so there’s never a dull moment
- You will work in the heart of Vienna, in the beautiful and lively 7th district
- A lomographic welcome package & employee discounts
- Voluntary traineeship
- Full-time position
- Compensation: 475 € per month
- Duration: 6 months
- Job start date: flexible
- Please note that this job requires EU-citizenship (mind transitional provisions), citizenship in the European Economic Area, Swiss citizenship, working holiday visa, or a standing access to the Austrian labour market and make sure to include the relevant information in your application!
If you are looking for a young and dynamic organization and interested in a position where you can develop your sales skills and take over new responsibilities, apply now to join the Lomography Team and please send your application indicating the position you’re applying for (including CV and Cover letter) to: HR International
Please wait to be contacted by us.